What Is Google Ads & What It Means For Your Business?
Google is often the first port of call when someone comes across an issue and they are looking for a solution. With Google Ads you can ensure that you show up when someone makes such a search that your product or service solves.
Why Advertise On Google
Google has by far the largest market share of search engines in the UK, with an estimated 85% of people using Google above other search engines. This means that it’s the best way to make sure you’re getting in front of people at the right time. Other benefits include:
- No minimum budget requirements
- Get high intent users to your website
- Start seeing results from day one
How Google Ads Works
Google Ads uses an auction system where you can bid on different keywords in order to get shown on Google Results Pages or websites in Google’s network. This takes into consideration a number of factors including your bid, the quality of your ads and the landing page of the website. These additional factors help ensure that Google maintains a high quality of results in the ads.
Depending on the type of campaign you are running you will only be charged when the ad is clicked. This means that each time you are charged someone is interacting with your business in some form. This is often referred to as pay per click (PPC).
What Results Can You Expect?
The good thing about Google Ads is that it can be adjusted in a way so that it works for your business and you can start seeing a return on investment. There are a number of factors which can influence this such as the conversion rate (how many take a desired action on your website) and the cost per click. We use these factors amongst others and our industry knowledge in order to determine the best campaign for you to run and we can use this in order to forecast potential results for your business.
The Different Campaign Types
There are different types of Google Ads campaigns available and knowing which ones can be used in different cases can help ensure the success of your business on Google Ads:
- Text Ads: These are the most common type of campaign run on Google Ads and allow you to show on the top of search results with a text style ad. These can work well for most businesses, but are particularly useful for service based companies.
- Shopping Ads: These can be used in order to show in shopping results which can be shown when someone searches with an intent to buy. These can only be used for ecommerce stores and usually have a high ROI as the potential customer can look through products and compare prices before they click through to your website. This means that they are then more likely to buy from your website.
- Display Ads: These make use of Google’s network of advert publishers and allows you to target potential customers based on topics. This makes them highly useful for businesses offering a new product or service which may not have many people searching for them on Google. They can also be a great way to help build your brand.
- Video Ads: They can be used to advertise on platforms such as YouTube where videos relevant to your business can be targeted. Again these can be useful for businesses who’s products or services aren’t being searched often or those looking to build brand awareness.
- Remarketing: Remarketing allows you to target those who have already been to your website. This can result in a high return on investment as the people you are driving back to your website will already be aware of your business and it may be the final push before they look to buy from you.
Why Choose Pinnacle Digital
We have experience managing a wide range of campaigns for a number of different size businesses across a multitude of different industries. We like to dig deep in order to understand the business, which along with our expert knowledge of the platform, allows us to create successful campaigns for our clients.