What Is SEO & What It Means For Your Business?
The main aim of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is to drive relevant traffic to your website in order to drive business growth. It focuses on the “free” listing on search engines such as Google who aim to give the best content to their users and therefore any SEO work should aim to meet the overall aim of the search engines.
There are multiple aspects of SEO from making sure the website is accessible to search engines and to making sure that popular search queries relevant to your business are met, to promoting your website in order to get quality backlinks (like votes) to your website.
As SEO targets people as they are looking for your products or services it can be a highly lucrative channel, especially compared to other more passive channels. There’s also the benefit of SEO traffic being more long term with results lasting after the resource has been limited (depending on competition), opposed to paid traffic which will stop as soon as the investment is.
Our Approach To SEO
We approach SEO in a methodical way, firstly looking to find any issues from a technical standpoint which could hinder search engines understanding or accessing your website. We then look to find out what the expectations of your potential customers are and how we can meet them. The final step is the promotion of the website in order to get in front of key people and to earn backlinks to your website.
- Technical SEO: We see technical SEO as making the website as easy for search engines to access and understand as possible. This also includes elements of making sure that the website loads fast and is mobile friendly.
- On Page SEO: This is where we look at making sure that the content on your website meets user intent. This starts with research to find out what people are looking for which goes on to making sure that the intent of the potential customer is met.
- Content Marketing: When researching what your customers are looking for, we’ll likely find content gaps which we’ll aim to fill through content marketing. This can range from blog posts to core content. The main thing is that the content will be created in such a way to best meet the needs of the searcher.
- Link Building: There are many ways in which links can be built but some can see penalties brought to your website due to past abuses of search algorithms. We aim to build links in the friendliest way possible. This is by promoting your content in such a way that it gets in front of the right kind of people who are likely to be able to link back to your website.
- Local SEO: If location matters for your business we can help. We have knowledge of how to get you shown higher in map listings. From making sure that your web citations are aligned to customer review strategies.
Whilst carrying out any SEO work we also keep in mind what will make the most impact to your business. Sometimes this will mean reassessing the overall strategy of the SEO campaign in order to look back and make further adjustments based on data gathered over time.
Why Choose Pinnacle Digital
We are specialists in carrying out SEO campaigns for SMEs across the UK. From small localised business to companies who are providing products or services we have a wide range of experience working with a mix of different budgets and industries.